- This event has passed.
Field Trip Friday: Daly Mansion (all ages)
October 21, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday field trips are lead by Elaine Anderson-Wood and Nikki Shaffer. Elaine is a certified tour guide (and teacher) with the state of Montana. Nikki has a degree in history from the U of M and has studied military science. Both are teaching additional history-related classes at eNDVR and truly enjoy making history “come alive” for participants of all ages!
Let us know in advance whether you plan to take your own vehicle, wish to car pool from eNDVR, or wish to reserve space in Elaine’s van (10 seats available). If you wish to carpool in Elaine’s van, there will be a small fee, between $1-3 depending on the distance of the trip, to help cover the cost of gas. You should bring lunch, snacks and layered clothing since Montana’s weather is unpredictable. Cameras, field guides, binoculars, collecting jars and sketch pads are always great additions.
Located on 46 acres of lush landscape, the Daly Mansion is the historic home of 19th Century American industrialist Marcus Daly. The exhibits here convey the story of Daly and his rise from working-class immigrant to copper magnate, as well as local, regional, and international history tied to his extended family.
- Basic Field Trip eNDVR Cost Per: Adult $4 ($2 member) Child $2 ($1 member) Child drop-off (must be at least 6 years old) $48 ($30 for members).
- Daly Mansion Fee: Adult $5, Child $1 (entrance fee, crafts, activities)
- Tour limited to 5 adults and 20 children.
- Time: 9:00-4:00.
- Transportation: Let us know if you wish to car pool.
- Car Pool leaves the eNDVR parking lot right at 9:00!
- 10 seats available in Elaine’s van.
- Please select carpool ticket when registering to reserve a place.